Day 7 - Charleston


CHARLESTON

    We headed out early to do the about an hour drive from Columbia to Charleston, where we would go to the College of Charleston, where we would meet Knots and Regusa, the authors of one of the books we read for this class. We got the opportunity when we arrived to look at the campus, which was so well integrated into the city layout if you were to look on a map you would not be able to point out where the college was. This was a really interesting aspect of the college.
    After we completed the lecture from Knots and Regusa, we all went to their dining hall, ate lunch, and were allowed about two hours to check out downtown Charleston. I was with some of my friends and we immediately knew where we wanted to go, King Street. King Street had a lot of outlets and shops for us to shop at. I ended up picking up a crewneck which I begrudgingly spent $40 on. It was worth it, as it will be something I always remember this trip with. But I couldn't help but appreciate how narrow the streets were, and how colonial America the whole city felt. Was so interesting and something that I really can appreciate being one of America's most historically interesting cities. This was my favorite city in South Carolina from the trip.

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First day - Democratic Headquarters and Downtown Aiken

Day 4 - The Governors Mansion